The National Trust for Scotland E-Ticket terms and conditions of use
The possession of the ticket shall constitute acceptance by the holder of these terms and conditions. If the ticket is used in breach of these terms and conditions it will be void and the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
1. Please bring your reference number and the credit/debit card you used to make the purchase to the event. We ask that the cardholder presents the card that the tickets were booked on as identification. Any other forms of i.d. or letters of authorisation are taken at your own risk and may result in entry being refused to the event.
2. If you lose your reference number please supply your full name and address details using our contact form
and this will be re-issued.
3. Once purchased, tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after an order is placed (significant changes being a change of performance or artist (concerts only), venue or date of the show).
4. In the event of the cancellation of an event by an organiser/promoter including a cancellation due to circumstances beyond the National Trust for Scotland’s (NTS) control, NTS will only refund the face value of the ticket. No further claims will be considered. NTS will use its reasonable endeavours to contact purchasers either by phone, email or in writing (using the details provided at the time of ordering) and advise them to return the tickets. Please note, however, it is the customer's responsibility to check whether the event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue, and NTS cannot guarantee that they will inform the customer of any changes to the event date, time or venue.
5. If an event is moved from its advertised venue and / or the date is changed, tickets already purchased may remain valid should the customer wish to attend the revised event. If not, NTS will refund the face value of the tickets. No further claims will be considered. NTS will use its reasonable endeavours to notify all purchasers by phone, email or in writing (using the details provided at the time of ordering) to advise on the validity of the tickets and the procedure for obtaining a refund. Refund requests willusually be accepted up until 1 week prior to the revised event, or 3 days after notification of the change (whichever is the later) unless otherwise notified. In the event of a change at short notice (within 1 week of the event) NTS will use its reasonable endeavours to notify purchasers of the conditions that apply, and offer a refund if these are not agreeable. Please note, however, it is the customer's responsibility to check whether the event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue, and NTS cannot guarantee that they will inform the customer of any changes to the event date, time or venue.
6. If NTS is unable to fulfil an order for any of the reasons below the customer will be entitled to a full refund (but, for the avoidance of doubt, no further compensation) :
NTS do not despatch your e-ticket and do not arrange for entry to the event on production of valid ID.
NTS despatch the incorrect e-ticket e.g. for the wrong event / wrong type of tickets.
Any other similar circumstances where NTS has acted with negligence or where we may have acted in breach of contract
7. A duplicate e-ticket and reference will only be issued if sufficient details are supplied using our contact form
, these being name, full address and method of payment.
8. Customers are advised to check their e-ticket upon receipt.
9. It is the responsibility of the customer to inform NTS of any change of address, contact phone number or email address, both before and after receipt of the e-ticket. Please note that our preferred method of contact for customers booking online is by email, so care should be taken to provide a current, valid email address.
10. The NTS or venue management or the event promoter reserve the right to refuse admission to any person and to remove persons from the venue for any reason where necessary including, without prejudice to the foregoing generality, health and safety, environmental and security concerns and the NTS or venue management or the event promoter may from time to time and at their sole discretion carry out security searches and you agree to these searches being carried out. NTS would advise customers that no refunds will be offered to customers who are refused entry or ejected from a property or venue for reasons including late arrival, declining to be searched if appropriate, abusive, threatening, drunken or other antisocial behaviour (including smoking in no smoking areas), causing a nuisance, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, or making unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings.
11. In the interests of public safety the NTS or the venue management or event promoter reserves the right to request you to leave the venue at any time for safety reasons or immediately after the event.
12. By ordering you agree that the e-tickets are for the personal use of you and your party only, and will not be resold or transferred. Any ticket re-sold or transferred will become void and the holder will be refused admission or ejected from the venue. Any resale or attempt to resell the tickets at a price higher than purchased will result in your orders being cancelled without prior notification. No tickets may be used for commercial and/or promotional purposes (such as competitions, promotions or hospitality packages) without the prior written consent of NTS.
13. If a customer orders more tickets than the maximum allowed, as indicated during the booking process, we reserve the right to cancel the order. The maximum applies per person/card/household.
14. In order to prevent fraud and to protect both parties, you may be asked to provide additional information after your booking so that we can verify your purchase. We reserve the right to cancel any order that further to investigation we deem to be possibly of a fraudulent nature.
15. This ticket is issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue management, the venue, and any relevant licensing authority.
16. Admission to the venue is at the ticket-holder’s own risk. Neither the NTS nor the venue, venue management, nor event promoter shall be liable for any loss, damage, or injury sustained within the premises except for death or injury which is caused by the negligence of NTS, the venue, the venue management, the event promoter or their employees or agents.
17. Neither the NTS nor the venue, venue management, nor event promoter accept responsibility for property lost, stolen, or damaged at the venue.
18. Unauthorised photography or use of recording equipment is prohibited. No audio, visual or cinematographic equipment or device shall be brought into the venue. All recording and any transmission is prohibited. As a condition of entry you hereby assign (by way of present assignation of future copyright) the copyright in any photographs or recordings that you make at the event in breach of this prohibition to the NTS.
19. Knives, flags, fireworks, smoke canisters, weapons, banners, poles, umbrellas, and similar articles or dangerous or hazardous articles are not permitted within the venue, and any person in possession of any such articles may be refused entry or ejected.
20. Any person who refuses to comply with instructions from a steward or other person acting for the venue management and/or NTS may be ejected from the venue.
21. No animals (other than assistance dogs) or babes in arms will be admitted to the venue.
22. This ticket shall remain the property of NTS at all times.
23. Ticket holders give their express consent to the use of their actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising, or exploitation of any film, video, and/or audio recording of the event, and/or any element thereof in any and all media throughout the World.
24. Punctuality is essential
For all e-ticket enquiries please contact: The National Trust for Scotland, Hermiston Quay, 5 Cultins Road, Edinburgh EH11 4DF Call 0131 458 0200 or use our contact form.