Gladstone’s Land in the 17th century was a tenement building for wealthy Edinburgh residents, learn who they were, how they lived and admire the beautiful painted ceilings that they commissioned. You'll also learn about the history of the building through the ages, looking at how the physical building evolved in a changing city.
- Our guided tours last between 45–60 minutes.
- This tour is in English. Some other languages are available, but by enquiry only. If you’d like to check our available languages, please call us on 0131 226 5856.
- If you’re a member of the National Trust for Scotland or the National Trust please bring your Trust membership card with you.
- If you’re a student, please bring your student ID card with you.
- The tour involves climbing our front turnpike stairs; the spiral stairs are several hundred years old, so they are steep and uneven.