Do you want to be a Guinness World Record Breaker? On Saturday 9th of September we will be attempting the Largest Strip the Willow at Castle Fraser and we need YOU.
In the year 2000 Edinburgh broke the record with 1,914 people during their Hogmany. We are ready to bring the record to Aberdeenshire.
The event would not be possible without the hard work and contribution of the following people;
- Iron Broo; who are performing the lovely ceilidh music that will help us strip that willow
- STV's Andrea Brymer; who will be hosting the event
- Deeside Caledonia will be performing before we kick off the attempt
- Gordon School of Dancing will be showing us all how it's done before the attempt
- A-line will be providing all AV and Tech support to make this event possible
- Mike Gall Transport for providing the staging required
- Fennel Media who will be filming the amazing attempt
So save the date and get your dancing shoes at the ready!
By signing up for a ticket you are signing to take part in our attempt. You will still have to register on the day to collect your band. Tickets are free to attend however, there is a £2 parking fee.
Due to the nature of this record attempt participants must be 10 years and over.
If you are a business or group and would like to register a team to take part please get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration: Opens at 12:00pm and closes at 1:30pm for a 2:00pm record breaking kick off.
There will be catering vans and activities to help you to warm up and stay limber. Please keep in mind that we do live in Scotland so dress for the weather. We will be going ahead with our attempt regardless of the weather, so please bring suitable clothing and footwear as you will be dancing on grass. Ponchos will be available to buy on the day if you do require one.
Tickets are limited, booking essential.
Let’s do this Aberdeenshire!